Need advice, I keep getting hacked.....

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Need advice, I keep getting hacked.....
filmfr3ak
CZ Newbie
filmfr3ak has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
usa.gif kentucky.gif
0.00 posts per day
 Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Hi folks, I need some help.

My site KEEPS getting hacked.
I have Protector, bu tit doesnt seem to help.
As you can see from the attachments, even though they are banned it still lets them in, additionally you have to manually ban them, isnt there away to automatically ban people who are messing around where they shouldnt??
I have almost EVEYTHING where you must be registered to view (which I hate)

LUCKILY, I have 2 sites on my domain so they havent hit the real meat of my site yet (I am sure at some point I will regret even postin that statement, because no one really even knows the second site is there....)
just the main site.

I dont know what to do, its been hit 3 days in a row.
I didnt realize that people would just f**k up your site just to be mean. icon_sad.gif

I am upgrading to CZEnhanced as we speak....

Any other advice?

Image2.jpg
 Description:
N/A
 Filesize:  11.4 KB
 Viewed:  12651 Time(s)

Image2.jpg

Image1.jpg
 Description:
N/A
 Filesize:  55.45 KB
 Viewed:  12652 Time(s)

Image1.jpg

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.04 posts per day

Unfortunatley Nuke is as safe as you make it. You might want to consider the double login trick for your admin page. Also it looks like his on the same i.p so just ban the whole range. Place this into a .htaccess file

deny from 64.62.142

Here are some tips for security including the double login trick.
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#3   re: Need advice, I keep getting hacked.....
filmfr3ak
CZ Newbie
usa.gif kentucky.gif
0.00 posts per day
I upgraded to phpnuke 7.4
now the left & right blocks wont show, and when I change themes in the admin panel nothing changes?

any ideas?

Geeze getting hacked sucks.

filmfr3ak
CZ Newbie
usa.gif kentucky.gif
0.00 posts per day
ok I got the theme thing figured out...
but still no left or right blocks in ANY theme...

suggestions?

Telli
Site Admin
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.04 posts per day

The blocks table in the databse probably didnt get updated. Can you make a dump(export) and upload it here of just the blocks structure.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
filmfr3ak
CZ Newbie
usa.gif kentucky.gif
0.00 posts per day
#
# Table structure for table `nuke_blocks`
#

CREATE TABLE `nuke_blocks` (
`bid` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`bkey` varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',
`title` varchar(60) NOT NULL default '',
`content` text NOT NULL,
`url` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '',
`bposition` char(1) NOT NULL default '',
`weight` int(10) NOT NULL default '1',
`active` int(1) NOT NULL default '1',
`refresh` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
`time` varchar(14) NOT NULL default '0',
`blanguage` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
`blockfile` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
`view` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
`subscription` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY (`bid`),
KEY `bid` (`bid`),
KEY `title` (`title`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=27 ;

#
# Dumping data for table `nuke_blocks`
#

INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (1, '', 'Where to Go', '', '', 'l', 1, 1, 0, '', '', 'block-Modules.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (2, 'fr3ak', 'Administration', '<strong><big>·</big></strong> <a href="admin.php">Administration</a><br>\r\n<strong><big>·</big></strong> <a href="admin.php?op=adminStory">NEW Story</a><br>\r\n<strong><big>·</big></strong> <a href="admin.php?op=create">Change Survey</a><br>\r\n<strong><big>·</big></strong> <a href="admin.php?op=content">Content</a><br>\r\n<strong><big>·</big></strong> <a href="admin.php?op=logout">Logout</a>', '', 'l', 2, 1, 0, '985591188', '', '', 2, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (3, '', 'Who\'s Online', '', '', 'l', 4, 1, 0, '', '', 'block-Who_is_Online.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (4, '', 'Search', '', '', 'l', 5, 0, 0, '', '', 'block-Search.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (5, '', 'Languages', '', '', 'l', 6, 0, 0, '', '', 'block-Languages.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (6, '', 'Random Headlines', '', '', 'l', 7, 0, 0, '', '', 'block-Random_Headlines.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (7, '', 'Amazon', '', '', 'l', 8, 0, 3600, '', '', 'block-Amazon.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (8, 'userbox', 'User\'s Custom Box', '', '', 'r', 1, 1, 0, '', '', '', 1, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (9, '', 'News by Category', '', '', 'r', 2, 0, 0, '', '', 'block-Categories.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (10, '', 'Survey', '', '', 'r', 4, 1, 3600, '', '', 'block-Survey.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (11, '', 'Login', '', '', 'r', 3, 1, 0, '', '', 'block-Login.php', 3, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (12, '', 'Big Story of Today', '', '', 'r', 5, 1, 3600, '', '', 'block-Big_Story_of_Today.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (13, '', 'Old Articles', '', '', 'r', 6, 0, 3600, '', '', 'block-Old_Articles.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (14, '', 'Coming to Video This Week', ' <center>Tuesday, 05/25/04<br></center>\r\n* Broken Lizard\'s Club Dread <br>\r\n* Bubba Ho *Tep (Special Edition) <br>\r\n* Crash Dive<br>\r\n* Cruel Intentions 3 <br>\r\n* Custer of the West <br>\r\n* Dances with Wolves<br>\r\n* Dragon Tales * Whenever I\'m Afraid<br>\r\n* Duel in the Sun<br>\r\n* The Enemy Below<br>\r\n* Game of Death II<br>\r\n* Gray Lady Down <br>\r\n* The Great Escape <br>\r\n* Growing Up Brady <br>\r\n* Guns of the Magnificent Seven <br>\r\n* bathtub in the Pacific <br>\r\n* The Hunters <br>\r\n* Junior Bonner <br>\r\n* The Last Valley <br>\r\n* The Leopard <br>\r\n* The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King<br>\r\n* The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy <br>\r\n* The Magnificent Seven Ride <br>\r\n* A Minute to Pray, A Second to Die <br>\r\n* Morituri <br>\r\n* No Man is an Island<br>\r\n* Nora\'s Hair Salon <br>\r\n* Operation Scorpio <br>\r\n* The Patriot (Special Edition) Mix 4 Pack <br>\r\n* Price for Peace <br>\r\n* Prodigal Son <br>\r\n* Royal Warriors <br>\r\n* Saving Private Ryan (D *Day 60th Anniversary Commemorative Edition) <br>\r\n* Shade <br>\r\n* Shalako <br>\r\n* Shooting War<br>\r\n* Slaughterhouse Five <br>\r\n* Smiles of a Summer Night <br>\r\n* Too bathtub and Back <br>\r\n* Too Late the Hero (<br>\r\n* Underworld (Unrated Extended Cut) <br>\r\n* Wake Island<br>\r\n* The Weather Underground <br>\r\n* Welcome to Mooseport (Widescreen)<br>\r\n* What Price Glory<br>\r\n* The Winds of War <br>\r\n* Wizards<br>\r\n* The World War II Collection <br>\r\n* Young Master <br>\r\n* You Were Never Lovelier<br>\r\n<br>Last Week <br>\r\n\r\n* Brother Bear<br>\r\n* The Final Countdown <br>\r\n* Going in Style<br>\r\n* Hangman\'s Curse <br>\r\n* House of Sand and Fog<br>\r\n* Jersey Girl (1992)<br>\r\n* The Late Show<br>\r\n* A Man Called Sledge<br>\r\n* Panic Room (Special Edition - 3 Discs)<br>\r\n* The Prisoner of Second Avenue<br>\r\n* Ripley\'s Game<br>\r\n* Something\'s Gotta Give<br>\r\n* The Sunshine Boys<br>\r\n* The Swan Princess - Mystery of the Enchanted Treasure (Special Edition)<br>\r\n* The Texas Chainsaw Massacre<br>\r\n* Vampire Effect<br><br>\r\n', '', 'r', 9, 1, 0, '', '', '', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (17, '', 'Newest Reviews Added', 'Latest Reviews added to this site', '', 'r', 7, 0, 3600, '', 'english', 'block-Reviews.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (23, '', 'Where are they?', '', '', 'l', 9, 1, 3600, '', 'english', 'block-Who-is-Where.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (18, '', 'Today in Holly-istory', '', '', 'l', 10, 0, 0, '', 'english', 'block-Ephemerids.php', 1, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (15, '', 'Great Films Youre NOT watching!', '<p align="left"><font face="Courier Final Draft" size="2">On\r\n occasion I have been known to take home\r\n the "b" movies just because the box looked\r\n good...I had looked at Boondock Saints several\r\n times and almost brought it home. Never\r\n did though. </font></p>\r\n <p align="left"><font face="Courier Final Draft" size="2">Some\r\n of you may know I frequent a few forums other\r\n then ours, and on one in particular there was\r\n this guy who kept going on and ON about\r\n it. So to make a long story short I\r\n watched it the other day.</font></p>\r\n<!--pagebreak-->\r\n <p align="left"><font face="Courier Final Draft" size="2">OH\r\n MY FU**ING GOD!</font></p>\r\n <p align="left"><font face="Courier Final Draft" size="2">YOU\r\n HAVE GOT TO WATCH THIS MOVIE!</font></p>\r\n <p align="left"><font face="Courier Final Draft" size="2">Now\r\n I know what you are thinking.. OH, Girl, you say\r\n that about everything you type here. No,\r\n this time I mean it. Oh my God...</font></p>\r\n <p align="left"><font face="Courier Final Draft" size="2">Boondock\r\n Saints is incredible.</font></p>\r\n <p align="left"><font face="Courier Final Draft" size="2">To\r\n quote AICN:<br>\r\n </font>"What is Boondock Saints? Well, it’s the story of the MacManus brothers, a pair of good Irish boys who believe they’ve seen a vision and have been told to act as Boston’s avenging angels, cleaning up the streets and ridding the earth of its most despicable scum bags. Norman Reedus (Blade II, Deuces Wild, 8mm) and Sean Patrick Flanery (Suicide Kings, Powder, The Young Indiana Jones) play Connor and Murphy, the two fun loving lads bent on cleaning up their hometown. Hot on their trail is brilliant FBI investigator Paul Smecker, played by none other than Willem Dafoe (Yes, that Willem Dafoe). When the boys take out a few goons too many, the local mob gets nervous and calls in an infamous killing machine known only as ‘Il Duce’ played by an obsessed Billy Connolly (in a role that will make you forget he ever took over for Howard Hessman on “Head of the Class”) to wipe them out. <br>\r\n <br>\r\n Boondock Saints is a balls out, cool as bathtub crime film with some of the most original shoot out/crime investigation sequences filmed in years. There’s brown earth here you ain’t seen before and some things you have - but never like this.\r\n "</font></p>\r\n <p align="center"> </p>\r\n <p align="center"><font face="Courier Final Draft" size="3">Veritas,\r\n Aequitas</font></p>', '', 'd', 1, 0, 0, '', 'english', '', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (16, '', 'UpComing Films', '<strong>Period 1</strong> <br>\r\nPeriod 1 has me a bit excited as I am SO looking forward to King Arthur:\r\n<p><em>DE-LOVELY</em> is the true story of Cole Porter. With an all star cast, and great musical numbers this is bound to be atleast watchable. Cast members include Kevin Kline (Cole Porter), Ashley Judd (Linda Porter), Jonathan Pryce, Keith Allen (Irving Berlin), Angie Hill (Ellin Berlin), Natalie Cole, Allan Corduner, Elvis Costello, Sheryl Crow, Mick Hucknall, Diana Krall, Alanis Morissette, Caroline O\'Connor (Ethel Merman), Peter Polycarpou (Louis B. Mayer), Robbie Williams, John Barrowman, Nicola Dawn, Lara Fabian, Vivian Green, Lemar Obika </p>\r\n<p><em>KING ARTHUR</em> is written by one of the fellas that gave us Gladiator and is directed by the guy that brought us Training Day, The Replacement Killers, Bait, and Tears of the Sun. Stars Clive Owen (Arthur, AKA Arturius), Stephen Dillane (Merlin), Keira Knightley (Guinevere), Hugh Dancy (Galahad) and Ioan Gruffudd (Lancelot). Exact plot still has not been released but the teasers look incredible.</p>\r\n<p><em>ANCHORMAN</em> with Will Ferrell and Christina Applegate this is almost garaunteed to have you laughing. To quote Dreamworks &quot;[Ron Burgundy (Ferrell) is] the top-rated anchorman in San Diego in the \'70s. When feminism marches into the newsroom in the form of ambitious newswoman Veronica Corningstone (Applegate), Ron is willing to play along at first-as long as Veronica stays in her place, covering cat fashion shows, cooking, and other &quot;female&quot; interests. But when Veronica refuses to settle for being eye candy and steps behind the news desk, it\'s more than a battle between two perfectly coiffed anchor-persons...it\'s war.&quot; <br>\r\n</p>\r\n<p><strong>Period 2 </strong><br>\r\n Period 2 looks a slim with only I, Robot to choose from: </p>\r\n<p><em>I, ROBOT</em> is based upon elements from all nine of the stories in the &quot;I Robot&quot; anthology by Isaac Asimov (1920-1992) and stars Will Smith.<br>\r\n</p>\r\n<p><strong>Period 3 </strong><br>\r\n P3 is going to kick derrière this month with Jason Bourne &amp; Catwoman..... </p>\r\n<p><em>BOURNE SUPREMECY</em> sequal to Bourne Identity. When a Chinese vice-premier is executed by notorious assassin Jason Bourne, it causes serious trouble in the CIA. Ironically, there is no &quot;Jason Bourne&quot;, as that name is just a cover for CIA agent David Webb (Damon), so it appears that someone has taken the &quot;Bourne identity&quot; away from him, creating a diplomatic crisis between the U.S.A. and China. It\'s up to the real &quot;Bourne&quot; to find out who\'s behind this ruse, and hopefully return peace to the two nations before they go to war over it, while also protecting his girlfriend, Marie Kreutz (Potente), whose life is threatened by this latest imbroglio. Meanwhile, Nicolette (Stiles), who was the only survivor of the events in the first movie besides David/Jason and Marie, finds herself being suspected by her CIA superiors as being in cahoots with Jason. </p>\r\n<p><em>CATWOMAN</em> another comic book film starring Halle Berry as Catwoman. Ok FIRST let me say I am excited to see this movie as I love Halle Berry. But let me add to that... (and I am not a biggot in any way, I swear!) wasnt Catwoman a white girl? I mean how do you go from considering Ashley Judd to Nicole Kidman then to Halle Berry? (Im quietly singing:one of these girls is not like the others...) I mean I get that Catwoman is NOT Selina Kyle as in the comics, but instead Patience Price but... well brown earth... this isnt the review section is it... more on my thoughts in the forums for now....--<br>\r\n</p>\r\n<p><strong>Period 4 </strong><br>\r\n P4 is ending out the month with me foaming at the mouth. I absolutely can NOT wait for THE VILLAGE!</p>\r\n<p><em>MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE</em> with Denzel and Meryl Streep I smell OSCAR for this film...1962 film, The Manchurian Candidate, starring Frank Sinatra, Laurence Harvey and Angela Lansbury, which was about a Korean War veteran who was brainwashed by the Chinese as part of a Communist plot to assassinate the president. </p>\r\n<p><em>THE VILLAGE</em> written by M. Night Shyamalan (signs, Unbreakable). This one stars Judy Greer, Bryce Dallas Howard (Ron Howards daughter), William Hurt, Joaquin Phoenix (love, love, LOVE HIM), Jayne Atkinson, Adrien Brody, Brendan Gleeson, Cherry Jones, Fran Kranz, Ashton Kutcher, Michael Pitt, Sigourney Weaver, and Celia Weston. This on is set in rural Pennsylvania in 1897, and is the story of the small village of Covington which is surrounded by a woods inhabited by a race of &quot;mythical creatures,&quot; and the romance that blossoms between Kitty and Lucius (or Luscious in my opinion :-P). You may remember that my baby, errr ehhh Joaquin worked with M Night in the awesome derrière flick SIGNS.</p>\r\n', '', 'c', 1, 1, 0, '', 'english', '', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (24, '', 'Misc Content', '', '', 'r', 8, 1, 3600, '', 'english', 'block-Sections_Articles.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (25, '', 'Fr3aKiN\' Quote o\' the DaY', '', '', 'd', 2, 1, 0, '', 'english', 'block-Random_Quotes.php', 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `nuke_blocks` VALUES (26, '', 'In The News', '', '', 'l', 3, 1, 0, '', 'english', 'block-Last_5_Articles.php', 0, 0);

filmfr3ak
CZ Newbie
usa.gif kentucky.gif
0.00 posts per day
url is [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] if you want to see the site....

I have ruploaded the themes just in case it was in the theme.php and it made no change.

I also just noticed that I lost alot of stuff when it converted the sections over to the content...

water that sucks....

I have a backup of the right before it got hacked the first time, but then I am going to be right back where I was to begin with....

I just wanted to secure it up alittle...
brown earth.

SORRY for cursing... I am just alittle AGGREVATED

OMG! I just looked at the authors table and there was like 10 people in there listed as GOD!!!

Thanks for having me look at the tables!

filmfr3ak
CZ Newbie
usa.gif kentucky.gif
0.00 posts per day
Well, I tried dumping the database, and reinstalling from 2 weeeks ago, then I overwrote the files in the nuke directory with the backed up ones... and now i get a "you cant access this file directly on the index.php

and on in the admin area, everything comes up but I get about 5 lines of this

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/fr3ak/public_html/phpnuke/includes/sql_layer.php on line 286

above all the images in the admin area....

*rubbs head**

I am bout to say screww it and jsut do a fresh install....

#9   re: Need advice, I keep getting hacked.....
webshark
PayPal Donation
CZ Moderator
 Codezwiz Site Donator
webshark has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
turkey.gif
0.09 posts per day

hello im sorry to hear that u hacked icon_cry.gif may be u wanna try sentinel for more security from [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] or [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] 2.0.1 is the last version icon_rolleyes.gif

#10   re: Need advice, I keep getting hacked.....
filmfr3ak
CZ Newbie
usa.gif kentucky.gif
0.00 posts per day
ok,
I have:

moved the site from the base directory
changed my username AND password
removed everyone from the authors table except mysself
installed protector and sentinel
reinstalled info from my last site backup -too bad it was over 2 months old!

Everything seems to be working fine now except one problem.
nothing major just a pain.

in the admin area, when I click on modules, everything loads ok EXCEPT there are no modules listed.
**see attachmnent**

SO I have to activiate and deactivate from phpmyadmin.<-- PAIN

any ideas how to fix?
I am sure it has something to do with using the backup, they were there UNTIL in inserted all my old info.

anything else you think will help protect my site?

no-mods.jpg
 Description:
See, no modules are listed.
 Filesize:  80.51 KB
 Viewed:  12647 Time(s)

no-mods.jpg

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to