<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   First timer for PHP
mpizzle
CZ Newbie
mpizzle has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
usa.gif texas.gif
0.00 posts per day

Forgive me if i overlooked it, but is there a thread for a very first time PHP user, or does anyone mind helping? I downloaded the latest phpnuke from this site, but i have no idea what to do or where to go from there. I uploaded the files that were contained in the .tar.gz file and they are on my webhost now. I searched the forum but i didnt see a general "how to install php for n00bs" thread. Help? Any suggestions at all for a n00b?

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: First timer for PHP
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
echo has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.15 posts per day

Hello and welcome to Codezwiz. Here's a link to get you going in the right direction:
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Feel free to post any questions you have, there's a bunch of friendly people here at Codezwiz that will help. icon_smile.gif

#3   Re: re: First timer for PHP
mpizzle
CZ Newbie
usa.gif texas.gif
0.00 posts per day

Originally posted by echo @ Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:46 am:

Hello and welcome to Codezwiz. Here's a link to get you going in the right direction:
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Feel free to post any questions you have, there's a bunch of friendly people here at Codezwiz that will help. icon_smile.gif

thanks i appreciate the help. I like the current codezwiz template so ill use it for a starter. Ill definately be asking for help. I have the SQL and phpnuke so im on the right track.

#4   re: First timer for PHP
mpizzle
CZ Newbie
usa.gif texas.gif
0.00 posts per day

hi im configuring my config.php and i dont quite understand what this is asking:

# $prefix: Your Database table's prefix
# $user_prefix: Your Users' Database table's prefix (To share it)

#5   re: First timer for PHP
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.15 posts per day

Hi, yes just leave those at the default values if you like. So it looks like this:

$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";

#6   re: First timer for PHP
mpizzle
CZ Newbie
usa.gif texas.gif
0.00 posts per day

well i installed phpadmin and phpnuke and setup the sql. but when i placed the test halloween theme in the top level domain folder and go to the theme.php it gives me this error:
Warning: main(themes/HalloweenV2/tables.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in on line 33

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'themes/HalloweenV2/tables.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in on line 33

once the sql is setup was there something i was supposed to reconfigure about the theme before trying to push it? and also how do i set that theme as the default when someone visits my site? thx!

#7   Re: re: First timer for PHP
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.15 posts per day

Originally posted by mpizzle @ Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:33 pm:

well i installed phpadmin and phpnuke and setup the sql. but when i placed the test halloween theme in the top level domain folder and go to the theme.php it gives me this error:
Warning: main(themes/HalloweenV2/tables.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in on line 33

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'themes/HalloweenV2/tables.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in on line 33

once the sql is setup was there something i was supposed to reconfigure about the theme before trying to push it? and also how do i set that theme as the default when someone visits my site? thx!

I'm not sure what you mean by "top level domain folder"? Are you uploading with an FTP program? or through your web host control panel ? The directory structure will show each folder, ie; Admin,blocks,db,images, etc...you will see a "themes" folder near or at the bottom of the folder structure. Open it and upload your halloween theme like this: you will see the HalloweenV2-Theme folder after unzipping, inside that you will see an html folder, and inside the html folder a themes folder.

Inside the themes folder you will see the final folder called: HalloweenV2, now just upload that whole folder into the themes directory (folder and all) and you're set. If you installed the theme differenty than this originally, just reverse what you did and then do it like this. To set the theme as default just go into your admin contrl panel (http://YOURSITE.com/admin.php) and click on the "Preferences" image. Scroll down a bit and you will see this:

Default Theme for your site:

Now just hit the drop down list and pick what you want, then go to the bottom of the page and hit : "Save Changes"

#8   re: First timer for PHP
mpizzle
CZ Newbie
usa.gif texas.gif
0.00 posts per day

you are the bomb diggity again. i think i understand the concept of it all, being a new guy to it. but i think i installed it all wrong. It seems that i did all my config.php's right because they connect to the SQL servers, but i cant seem to set my themes once placed in the theme folder. the preferences flip down just gives me the originals that came with the phpadmin. ill post a screen. yes it is [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] and i uploaded phpmyadmin like this: [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

i think what i did wrong was upload two different php admins. i did phpnuke and phpmyadmin. this is prolly wrong right? i didnt make phpmyadmin create a table like i did with phpnuke with the file nuke.sql. i think my directory structure is wrong. what u think?

the pic attached is showing the missing halloween theme. i know for sure i uploaded it into the themes directory correctly. thanks for your help

phpadmin.JPG
 Description:
Phpadmin theme missing
 Filesize:  97.55 KB
 Viewed:  11873 Time(s)

phpadmin.JPG

#9   re: First timer for PHP
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.15 posts per day

the preferences flip down just gives me the originals that came with the phpadmin.

That's not where you set your Nuke theme, you have to login in to your Nuke admin: [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] and once there click on the preferences image, then scroll down a little until you see: Default Theme for your site: and then use the drop down box, go to the page bottom and click "Save Changes".

You don't need to upload phpMyAdmin, it should already be in your web host server, unless your setting up your own personal server.. I see that you have the nuke database in, so what is exactly is the problem? have you gone to your site and set anything thing up yet? have you even been able to view your site? If ya want you can post the site addy here and or PM me the info so we can take a look.

#10   Re: re: First timer for PHP
mpizzle
CZ Newbie
usa.gif texas.gif
0.00 posts per day

Originally posted by echo @ Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:17 am:

the preferences flip down just gives me the originals that came with the phpadmin.

That's not where you set your Nuke theme, you have to login in to your Nuke admin: [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] and once there click on the preferences image, then scroll down a little until you see: Default Theme for your site: and then use the drop down box, go to the page bottom and click "Save Changes".

You don't need to upload phpMyAdmin, it should already be in your web host server, unless your setting up your own personal server.. I see that you have the nuke database in, so what is exactly is the problem? have you gone to your site and set anything thing up yet? have you even been able to view your site? If ya want you can post the site addy here and or PM me the info so we can take a look.

i got it up. its at [ Register or login to view links on this board.] but it seems when i click on anything it says YOU CANNOT ACCES THIS FILE DIRECTLY. when i try to setup an administrator it just blanks out and resets the page

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to