Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   How to have more than one languages in phpnuke
nikits72
CZ Newbie
nikits72 has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
greece.gif
0.00 posts per day

Hi all,

i am relatively new to the phpnuke concept and i would like to ask something crucial for me,because it will affect how i will proceed with my further site development.
I would be very much obliged if i could see some notes/thoughts from expirienced phpnukers.Though let me warn you that this maybe a long post and my english are not so good.

So here is the idea.
I want to make a site which will support more than one languages (lets say two but it could be more).In fact depending to the visitor's choice the site will change the language. From what i 've read -from the phpnuke manual though not sure if i understood right- the multilingual option changes the language of the block/modules to the selected one.Yet ,i have not make clear in my mind if it will change the content too assuming that i enter it in both languages.

Now the solutions i have thought about this question could be:

1.Two identical phpnuke sites with the multilingual feature off,one for each language.Depending the link selection at the first page (which will be a simple html index page) it will throw visitor to the relevant language phpnuke site.
Disadvantages are obvious...to name one:
Double work to do maintaining and updating 2 phpnuke sites.

2.In case multilingual option is enough to cover my demands i do it this way.As i already said, i am not sure if multilingual option will be enough.Though ,i have the feeling that this is the option i should follow.

3.Whatever i write in the site to be written in both languages (separated by a space line or similar) in order to distinguish the language difference.
Obvious disadvantage:I wont be able to add a third or more languages in the future.Almost impossible cause i will have to edit and add it in all the stuff which will be there already.

That is all i have thought.Open to any other apart the above 3 suggestions.

Anyway, i dont seek for specific details, on how i will do ,what/if you'll suggest to me.Just want to "borrow" your expirience by asking you to point me which direction is the best to follow in your opinion and why....

Thank you in advance.

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.04 posts per day

The language selector is user dependant.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Back to top Reply with quote
Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to