admin panel gets redirected to netcraft

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   admin panel gets redirected to netcraft
harmclan
CZ Super Newbie
harmclan has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

I keep getting this error when ever I try to login as an admin on my site ( [ Register or login to view links on this board.] ) That is, when i navigate to [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] and enter my username, password, and code i get redirected to netcraft and am prompted with this error

We could not get any results for your selected site. There can be a several reasons for this:

The host name you have selected is not valid, perhaps it was mistyped.
We could not contact it, and we do not have any cached information for it. This can be because there is no server running on that site yet, or because it is a new site and the DNS has not yet propagated to Netcraft. It can be also be because of a temporary routing problem from Netcraft to the site.
We cannot tell you anything about this server, and have ignored it.

It is possible that you have mistyped the name. You can explore web server names here.

I've spent almost a day searching for answers, and have posted on 4 different forums for an answer. My site has been up for about 2 weeks and this is the first time that i've seen this error. If it helps it dosn't happen when ever i login as a user without admin privaledges. Any information or help on this would be apreciated. Thanks.

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: admin panel gets redirected to netcraft
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
echo has been a member for over 20 year's 20 Year Member
0.15 posts per day

Hi harmclan, welcome to CZ. Have you tried re-uploading the admin.php file? Or looked to see if you have a .htaccess file preventing you from logging in? [ Register or login to view links on this board.]

#3   re: admin panel gets redirected to netcraft
harmclan
CZ Super Newbie
0.00 posts per day

I did a search of my computer files and found a buch of .htaccess files thay say "deny from all" in each one. Theres probably about 20 of them, all located in my website directory.

Thanks so much echo for the quick reply and the warm welcome. Way better then [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] I'm going to delete all these files and see what happens.

#4   Re: re: admin panel gets redirected to netcraft
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.15 posts per day

Originally posted by harmclan @ Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:39 pm:

I did a search of my computer files and found a buch of .htaccess files thay say "deny from all" in each one. Theres probably about 20 of them, all located in my website directory.

Thanks so much echo for the quick reply and the warm welcome. Way better then [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] I'm going to delete all these files and see what happens.

Those files are normal...you don't want to delete them, they are there for your protection and security. I was just curious whether or not you had one causing the problem. If you have deleted them I would advise creating new ones to place back in those folders. Just open notepad and type "deny from all" without the quotations and save as htaccess, upload ,then rename to .htaccess in your FTP program. Or you can use this one I have attached.

Attached Files
htaccess.zip (241 Bytes, Downloaded: 5231 Time(s))

#5   re: admin panel gets redirected to netcraft
harmclan
CZ Super Newbie
0.00 posts per day

I had created a backup before i deleted everything so i just replaced it...I replaced the admin.php, still I am being redirected to netcraft. I emailed the webmaster at netcraft, but its been three days and have recieved no reply. Any other suggestion as to what may be causing this or fixes?

#6   re: admin panel gets redirected to netcraft
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.15 posts per day

Are you associated with this netcraft somehow? To be honest I have never seen this before, it's got me puzzled. It looks as though someone has access to the files on your site and is redirecting your admin login. Might want to read this thread and do some updating and security measures: [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

#7   re: admin panel gets redirected to netcraft
harmclan
CZ Super Newbie
0.00 posts per day

Finally, I have found the problem! It seems to be associated with the grand info 2 block. I deleted it, and everything works fine now. Thanks for the help though, ech.

#8   re: admin panel gets redirected to netcraft
echo
CZ Wiz
 Codezwiz Site Donator
0.15 posts per day

Well I'll be fried in hot peanut oil...go figure a block caused all that, ROFLMAO

P.S. Your welcome, even though I didn't really help. icon_wink.gif

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to