Enchanted_Poetry Questions and error

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   Enchanted_Poetry Questions and error
Xirian
CZ Newbie
Xirian has been a member for over 17 year's 17 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

I hope that someone here can help me out with this mod I added to my site. I tried to go straight to the source, but they have issues with their own SQL that won't allow me to register at their site.

I will try to be as detailed as possible in my question, but if you need more information in order to assist me, please let me know.

I installed the mod both recommended ways in the install file. They both worked and I was able to add poetry and everything seems to be working fine except in the admin area.

When I go to validate a poem that has been submitted, I get the errors, but the poems do get validated and everyone who is a registered member can read them.

I submitted 5 poems today and this is what I see everytime I go to the Admin panel and click on the poetry icon:

Current Poems (click on names to EDIT)
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is or exactly where to look for the problem to fix it. I know it has something to do with MySql, but when I went there and looked at things there, I didn't know what exactly I should do after that.

I run a phpnuke 7.8 website.

I installed the Enchanted_Poetry module which you can find:
[ Register or login to view links on this board.]

Any assistance from anyone here would be extremely appreciated!!!

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.04 posts per day

So your getting the error but it still seems to be working? Can you just attach the file where your getting the error?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#3   re: Enchanted_Poetry Questions and error
Xirian
CZ Newbie
0.00 posts per day

Yes, the mod works fine, however, whenever I add a new poem, three more of those errors are added as well. So soon I will have a page full of errors. At any rate, I will be attaching three files that I think might be related. The first is the "Enchanted_Poetry_sql" file with the tables that are supposed to be added in. The second is what I can only think is the Validation file called "Val" and the third is the Admin "Poetry" module file.

I was told elsewhere to add this to the Admin "Poetry" module file:

if($min < 0){ $min = 0; }

Just above this:

$limit = " ASC LIMIT ".$min.", ".$max;

But it did not make a difference and I still received errors when I tried to validate poetry.

Also, I've found another similar error when I'm in the admin panel and I click on "View Categories" and then click on "Page 2" since I have three pages of categories.

The error I receive when I click on "Page 2" or "Page 3" is the following:

Current Categories
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-15, 15' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-15, 15' at line 1

However, if I just click on "Next" and not the page numbers, I don't get the error at all.

I was also told that this mod is for 7.4 and above, but after 7.5 they changed the table securities and that that might be causing the problems as well.

Also attached are the tables that were put into my SQL. Perhaps they will help you as well.

Thank you for your response, I would love to get this up and running because it is exactly what I'm looking for in a mod, aside from the errors.

Attached Files
Enchanted_Poetry_sql.txt (3.54 KB, Downloaded: 5231 Time(s))
Attached Files
Val.txt (12.76 KB, Downloaded: 5231 Time(s))
Attached Files
Poetry.txt (57.73 KB, Downloaded: 5232 Time(s))

#4   re: Enchanted_Poetry Questions and error
Telli
Site Admin
1.04 posts per day

Upload this new admin file. Remember to make a back up of your old one. Report back any errors.

Attached Files
Xirian.zip (7.04 KB, Downloaded: 5232 Time(s))

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#5   re: Enchanted_Poetry Questions and error
Xirian
CZ Newbie
0.00 posts per day

Still no luck with the new php file. I tried it without removing the mod. Then I removed everything and uploaded everything again with the new file and still the same issues.

Apparently, I don't even have to have a poem to validate. All I have to do is click the validate/delete button and I get the error. So, I'm really thinking it has nothing to do with the actual poetry being validated. Perhaps there is something wrong with the validate/delete submit button that I am clicking on. However, when there is a poem there and I use that button to delete it, all of the errors go away, and the poem itself.

I don't know if this is helping or not, but I have a feeling it's something really simple since everything else is working well.

I wish I could just get to the bottom of this. I thought it had something to do with the sql tables, but now I don't know what to think. If you can think of something else, I would be grateful.

Thank you for your time so far.

#6   re: Enchanted_Poetry Questions and error
Telli
Site Admin
1.04 posts per day

Here is a new one to try I rewrote the sql functions to work with the new sql layer. Try it out and post any errors back please.

Attached Files
Xirian.zip (7.13 KB, Downloaded: 5233 Time(s))

#7   re: Enchanted_Poetry Questions and error
Xirian
CZ Newbie
0.00 posts per day

I do not know what you did, but I am happy to say that it worked perfectly.

Thank You So Very Much!!!!

icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to