How can I change the phpnuke Activation email?

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   How can I change the phpnuke Activation email?
Xirian
CZ Newbie
Xirian has been a member for over 17 year's 17 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

I am wondering if there is a way to change the activation email when someone first registers on my site.

So instead of:

Welcome to Arcana Sphere!

You or someone else has used your email account (myemail@email.com) to register an account at Arcana Sphere.

To finish the registration process you should visit the following link in the next 24 hours to activate your user account, otherwise the information will be automaticaly deleted by the system and you should apply again:
[ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

Following is the member information:

-Nickname: *****
-Password: *****

I would like to change that to an email that has a questionnaire for new members to fill out before activation and then after they fill out the questionnaire and their account is approved, I need to know how to activate their account manually.

I know how to change this on the actual phpbb forum portion, but I don't know how to change it on the phpNuke portion of the site.

Can someone help?

Back to top Reply with quote
Telli
Site Admin
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.04 posts per day

The activation email is in modules/Your_Account/index.php

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
#3   re: How can I change the phpnuke Activation email?
Xirian
CZ Newbie
Xirian has been a member for over 17 year's 17 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

So what do I do from there? I'm pretty new to the whole phpnuke thing and don't even know what to change now that I'm looking at that index file.

How would I redirect new users to the phpbb registration emails that I've changed?

And then how would I activate their accounts after they have been approved by admin?

Telli
Site Admin
Fav. Sports Team: Detroit Red Wings
1.04 posts per day

Seacrh google for phpbb registration with phpnuke. There are already some scripts setup to do this.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Ezekiel 25:17
Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to