data base problems? Admins? Globals?

<< View previous topic View next topic >>
Share: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
#1   data base problems? Admins? Globals?
jroe
CZ Newbie
jroe has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

i'm running 7.4 on 2 sites [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] and [ Register or login to view links on this board. ] and 7.3 on another [ Register or login to view links on this board. ]

I am having the same issues with all 3 with some mods and blocks. It seems the common link to my problems may be my data base... config?

Anyway, i can't get any scrolling blocks to work. They show up with the basic tile of the block scrolling, but none or the data is displayed. Is it that the variables aren't properly defined? Should i set more globals? I don't know.

Further, on a couple of mods, info doesn't seem to write into my db tables. These mods include, submit news, event calendar, and recently NukeC 30 classifieds. on all of these, the mods appear, but when i write something, or create a new catagory or what ever, nothing saves into the db. I did creat sql tables successfully.

What kind of problem am i looking at? data base problems?

further,

when i add a story it adds. But the catagories and topics scroll menu is blank. When i go back to edit the story i get:

You aren't authorized to touch this Article!

I am using 7.4. I am the super/god user. Also, when I submit news, the submission returns no subject and is blank.

What is going on? I would really appreciate some help on this one, i've been trouble shooting it for a while with no solutions....

I've been trouble shooting this for a while with no leads to what is wrong. I would REALLY like to figure this out, please help...

thanks.

Back to top Reply with quote
#2   re: data base problems? Admins? Globals?
jroe
CZ Newbie
jroe has been a member for over 19 year's 19 Year Member
0.00 posts per day

in my config, i had my database type sset as sysql4 when it should have bee MySQL

Back to top Reply with quote
Add To: Del.icio.us  Digg  Google  Spurl  Blink  Furl  Y! MyWeb  
<< View previous topic View next topic >>

Jump to